ßäåðíà ô³çèêà òà åíåðãåòèêà
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Optimization of the target parameters for 99Mo accumulation using low-enriched uraniumV. A. Starkov1,*, S. V. Majnskov1, A. L. Izhutov2, V. V. Pimenov2
Abstract: The paper presents the results of the structural study of various types of the water-detonation nanodiamond liquid systems, which are obtained by small-angle scattering of thermal neutrons. It was shown that in the mass fraction range (0.3 - 1.8) % the experimental spectra are well described by a two-level model of unified exponential/power-law approach. The resulting structural parameters allowed us to estimate the aggregation number in the studied systems. Sizes of the nanodiamond particles and their clusters are found as well as the fractal dimension of the latter.Keywords: detonation nanodiamonds, small-angle neutron scattering, fractal clusters, aggregation number.
1. G.J. Beyer, R. Muenze, D. Novotny et al. ROMOL-99 - a new innovative small-scale LEU-based Mo-99 production process. Proc. of the 6-th Intern. Conf. on Isotopes, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2008.
2. V.A. Tsykanov, P.G. Aver'yanov, V.P. Burukin et al. Atomnaya Energiya 43(1) (1977) 1. (Rus)
3. V.A. Tsykanov. Research Reactors of RIAR and their Experimental Possibilities (Dimitrovgrad: "NIIAR", 1991). (Rus)
4. E.A. Gomin. Status MCU-4. Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki. Ser. Fizika Yadernykh Reaktorov 1 (2006) 6. (Rus)
5. K.E. Carlson et al. RELAP5/MOD3 Code Manual: Code structure, system models and solution methods. Report NUREG/CR-5535, INEL-95/0174 (1995). Report