ßäåðíà ô³çèêà òà åíåðãåòèêà
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Mathematical analysis of the functional properties of the murine bone marrow in the process of long external gamma-irradiation and after its terminationR. V. Boiko, D. I. B³lko, I. Z. Russu, N. M. B³lko*
Abstract: Mathematical model was applied using the experimental results of prolonged round-the-clock γ-irradiation action with the dose rate of 0.25 and 0.5 Gy/day on the alterations in colony-forming units (CFU) number in murine bone marrow, as well as experimental data, concerning the process of CFU recovery after the termination of 30- and 100-day irradiation. Mathematical parameters were determined which characterize the hematopoiesis reaction to the CFU loss as a result of prolonged ionizing radiation action with different dose rates, as well as the process of CFU number recovery after irradiation termination.
Keywords: ionizing radiation, bone marrow, functional properties, mathematical modeling.References:
1. R.V. Boiko, D.I. Bilko, I.Z. Russu, N.M. Bilko. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 16(4) (2015) 389. (Ukr) http://jnpae.kinr.kiev.ua/16.4/Articles_PDF/jnpae-2015-16-0389-Boiko.pdf
2. I. Kalina, M. Praslicka, J. Petrovicova. Effect of different daily rate of continuous irradiation upon changes in CFU number. Folia Biol. (Praha) 23 (1977) 110.
3. I. Kalina, S. Hudak, M. Praslicka, J. Petrovicova. Changes in the recovery ability of colony-forming units after continuous irradiation. Folia Biol. (Praha) 24 (1978) 219.
4. I.L. Chertkov, E.I. Deriugina, R.D. Levir, N.G. Abrakhim. Uspekhi Sovremennoj Biologii 111(6) (1991) 905. (Rus)
5. K.N. Muksinova, G.S. Mushkacheva. Cellular and molecular basis of hematopoiesis reconstruction under long-term radiation exposure. Ed. by A.K. Guskova (Moskva: Energoatomizdat, 1990) 160 p. (Rus)