ядерна ф≥зика та енергетика
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Microdetector system for speedy X-ray studiesO. S. Kovalchuk1,*, V. V. Burdin2, V. A. Kyva1, V. M. Militsiya1, M. . Minakov2, Ie. O. Petrenko1,
Abstract: Characteristics of 512-channel micro-detection system for the study of fast processes in metals during heating/cooling at high-speed radiography installation was presented. The position, width and intensity of diffraction peaks of the scattered X-rays was measured and displayed in real time depending on the temperature of the test sample (20 - 1500 °C). The position sensitivity of the system based on silicon microstrip sensors read out by commercial XDAS data acquisition system is 40 μm for the scattering angle of X-rays 30° < Θ < 75°.
Keywords: X-rays diffraction, position sensitive detectors, transient phase transformations, temperature dependence of phase transformations in metals, microstrip silicon detectors.References:
1. V.V. Burdin. Phase transformations in iron and steel at high-speed heating. Metallofizika i Novejshie Tekhnologii 31(10) (2010) 1343. (Rus)
2. V.V. Burdin. Determination of the density probability of packaging defects in austenite under continuous heating and cooling. Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya 7-8 (2010) 51. (Rus)
3. V.V. Burdin, B.V. Shurygin. Laboratory installation for microstructural investigations: Program of the technological meeting "Nanotechnology and nanomaterials for business and technological sphere" (Kyiv, 22 November 2013) (I.M. Frantsevich Institute of Material Sciences, NAS of Ukraine, 2013). (Ukr)
4. V.M. Pugach. Position-sensitive silicon detector for X-ray diffractometry of fast processes. Nauka ta Innovatsiyi 10(2) (2014) 27. (Ukr)
5. V. Militsiya, V. Burdin, M. Campbell et al. TimePix detector in the study of the diffraction of fast processes in alloys of iron and titanium. Abstracts of XXI Annual Scientific Conf. of INR, NAS of Ukraine (Kyiv, 27 - 31 January 2014) p. 62. (Ukr)
6. M.V. Pugach, V.V. Burdin, M. Kempbel et al. Usage of the micropixel detector TimePix for observation of the dynamics of phase transitions in metals. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 13(4) (2013) 382. (Ukr)
7. O.S. Kovalchuk, M.V. Pugach, D.I. Storozhik et al. Development of the X-ray recording and processing system during the study of fast processes on the basis of a coordinate-sensitive silicon detector. Abstracts of XXI Annual Scientific Conf. of INR, NAS of Ukraine (Kyiv, 27 - 31 January 2014) p. 45. (Ukr)
10. L. Borrello, A. Messineo, E. Focardi, A. Macchiolo. Sensor Design for the CMS Silicon Strip Tracker. CMS note 2003-020.
11. V.M. Pugatch, A.B. Rosenfeld, P.G. Litovchenko et al. Submicron position sensitive detector. Nucl. Instr. Meth. B 70 (1992) 574.
12. V.L. Perevertajlo, V.D. Zhora, V.P. Grunyanskaya et al. The use of flexible carriers in the assembly of silicon detectors. Tekhnologiya i Konstruirovanie v Elektronnoj Apparature 1(79) (2009) 40. (Rus)
13. O.S. Kovalchuk, M.V. Pugach, D.I. Storozhik et al. A wide-range microdetector system for high-speed radiography. Abstracts of XXII Annual Scientific Conf. of INR, NAS of Ukraine (Kyiv, 26 - 30 January 2015) p. 53. (Ukr)
14. V.N. Militsiya, V.V. Burdin, O.S. Kovalchuk et al. 512-channel detector system for X-ray recording and processing Iduring the study of fast processes in metals with heating and cooling. Abstracts of XXIII Annual Scientific Conf. of INR, NAS of Ukraine (Kyiv, 01 - 05 February 2016) p. 45. (Ukr)