ядерна ф≥зика та енергетика
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Multiscale simulation algorithm for stochastic cooling simulationM. E. Dolinska*, N. L. Doroshko
Abstract: The subsequent steps on improvement of the numerical methods for solution of the stochastic cooling simulation are described. The algorithmic approach for improvement of solution of one dimensional Fokker - Planck equation (FPE) is presented in the paper. This approach is based on a multiscale simulation algorithm to increase the accuracy of the FPE solution.
Keywords: stochastic cooling, Fokker - Planck equation, momentum spread, antiproton beam.References:
1. D. Mohl. Stochastic Cooling of Particle Beams (Springer-Verlag, 2013).
2. J. Bosser et al. Stability of cooled beams. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 441 (2000) 1.
3. F. Nolden, K. Beckert, P. Beller et al. Fast Stochastic Cooling of Heavy Ions at the ESR Storage Ring. Proc. of EPAC (Austria, Vienna, 2000) p. 1262.
4. M. Dolinska. Fokker - Planck equation solver for study stochastic cooling in storages rings. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 12(4) (2011) 407.
5. M. Dolinska. Numerical algorithm based on the PDE method for solution of the Fokker - Planck equation. Problems of Atomic Science and Technology 5(75) (2011) 63.
6. M. Dolinska, C. Dimopoulou, A. Dolinskii et al. PDE numerical method. Proc. of the 2-nd Int. Particle Accelerator Conference IPAC 2011, Sept. 04 - 09, 2011, San Sebastian, Spain, p. 2298.
7. M. Dolinska, C. Dimopoulou, A. Dolinskii et al. Simulations of Antiproton Stochastic Cooling in the CR. GSI Scientific report 2011 (Darmstadt, 2011) p. 327.