ядерна ф≥зика та енергетика
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Distribution of 137Cs activity concentration in wood scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) of Zhytomyr Polissya after the Chernobyl accidentD. M. Holiaka*, S. E. Levchuk, V. P. Protsak, V. A. Kashparov
Abstract: Using the calculated values for wood samples (relative diameter, height and relative activity concentration of 137Cs) selected in different parts of the profile tree stems, statistical and graphical interpretation of the regularity of the distribution of 137Cs in the wood of model trees of Scots pine were performed. In the research, detected observation uniformity of samples in the studied profiles stems for the relative activity concentration of 137Cs, calculated on the base of the ratio of the activity concentration of tree rings for certain years to their median at height of 1.3 m. Three intervals of the relative diameters for stem wood of model trees at height of 1.3 m of the study stand were obtained, that is characterized by significant difference on the activity concentration of 137Cs: d(ω)1.3m ≤ 0.55 (Am(ω) = 0.63 ± 0.08); 0.55 < d(ω)1.3m ≤ 0.95 (Am(ω) = 1.01 ± 0.04); 0.95 < d(ω)1.3m ≤ 1.0 (Am(ω) = 2.1 ± 0.5).Keywords: 137Cs, radioecology, activity concentration, the Chernobyl accident, radioactive contamination, stem wood, inventory indicator, the wood growth rings, Scots pine ( Pinus sylvestris L.), forest ecosystems.
1. V.P. Krasnov, A.A. Orlov, S.P. Irklienko et al. (ed. by V.P. Krasnov), Recommendations on Forest Management in Conditions of Radioactive Contamination, Kyiv: Agrarna Nauka (1995), 64 p. (Rus).
2. CD ATLAS Ukraine, Radioactive Contamination, MES, Ltd. "Intellectual systems GEO" (2008).
3. Environmental consequences of the Chernobyl accident and their remediation: twenty years of experience: report of the Chernobyl Forum Expert Group "Environment". (Radiological Assessment Reports Series). STI/PUB/1239. Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency (2006), 166 p.
4. Assessing radiation doses to the public from radionuclides in timber and wood products, Report IAEA-TECDOC-1376, Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency (2003), 61 p. http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/te_1376_web.pdf
5. Sanitary standard of activity concentration of 137Cs and 90Sr in wood and products of wood (HNPAR 2005). Approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on 31.10.2005, No. 573, 3 p. (Ukr)
6. V.A. Kashparov (head of research), Return to economic use for the production of bioenergy resources at the excluded radioactively contaminated areas: Report on research work, State registration number of research 0109U000780, UIAR NULES Ukraine, Kyiv (2013), 366 p. (Ukr)
7. A.N. Perevolotsky, Distribution of 137Cs and 90Sr in Forest Biogeocenoses, Gomel: RSRUE "Institute of Radiology" (2006), 255 p. (Rus)
8. A.I. Shcheglov, Biogeochemistry of Artificial Radionuclides in Forest Ecosystems, Moskva: Nauka (2000), 268 p. (Rus)
9. A. Shcheglov, O. Tsvetnova, A. Klyashtorin, Biogeochemical cycles of Chernobyl-born radionuclides in the contaminated forest ecosystems. Long-term dynamics of themigration processes, Journal of Geochemical Exploration 144 (2014) 260 - 266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gexplo.2014.05.026
10. S.P. Irkliyenko, V.P. Krasnov, O.G. Dmitrenko, O.O. Orlov, Features of the radial distribution of 137Cs in wood of Pinus sylvestris, Problemy Ekologiyi Lisiv i Lisokorystuvannya na Polissi Ukrayiny 2 (2001) 60 - 65. (Ukr)
11. O.O. Orlov, Regularities of 137Cs radial distribution in stem wood of the main forest-forming tree species of Ukrainian Polyssya, Lisivnytstvo i Agrolisomelioratsiya 116 (2009) 214 - 220. (Ukr)
12. K.F. Shytyuk, O.O. Orlov, S.D. Melnychuk, Comparative evaluation of the 137Cs distribution in the pine and pine-oak forest ecosystems of Ukrainian Polissia, Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 11, No. 1 (2010) 74 - 81. (Ukr) http://jnpae.kinr.kiev.ua/11.1/Articles_PDF/jnpae-2010-11-0074-Shytyuk.pdf
13. M.M. Davydov, T.I. Protas, M.P. Savuschik, Accumulation of radionuclides in major forest ecosystems in the zones Polissya and Forest-steppe of Kyiv region, Yaderna Energetyka ta Dovkillya 2 (2014) 25 - 31. (Ukr)
14. V.P. Landin, On the resumption of forest management in forests contaminated, Naukovyi Visnyk NLTU Ukrayiny 23.11 (2013) 38 - 43. (Ukr) http://nltu.edu.ua/nv/Archive/2013/23_11/38_Lan.pdf
15. SOU 02.02-37-476: 2006. Areas of trial forest inventory. Method of laying, Enter. 26.12.2006, Kyiv: Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine (2006), 32 p. (Ukr)
16. N.P. Anuchin, Forest mensuration, 5-th ed., Moskva: "Lesnaya promyshlennost" (1982), 550 p. (Rus)
17. Thiry Yves, Goor Francois, Riesen Thomas. The tree distribution and accumulation of radiocaesium in stem of Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.), Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 58, No. 2-3. (2002) 243 - 259. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0265-931X(01)00068-6
18. Midori Chigira, Yuko Saito, Kan Kimura, Distribution of 90Sr and 137Cs in annual tree rings of Japanese cedar, Cryptomeria japonica D.Don, J. Radiation Research 29 (1988) 152 - 160. https://doi.org/10.1269/jrr.29.152