ßäåðíà ô³çèêà òà åíåðãåòèêà
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Research of neutron interaction with matter under high neutron flux. Part III. Research of neutrons transmission time dependenceYu. G. Shchepkin, V. I. Slisenko, N. I. Ìazina*, Ò. O. Êîstyuk
Abstract: Measurements of the transmission of neutrons through two samples of 235U and Cd, which are simultaneously on neutron beam, with different sequence of their location for different exposure times of the samples on the beam, are performed. Previously observed difference in these transmissions is confirmed – asymmetry of transmission. The purpose of the measurements is to determine the lifetime of the expected metastable states, to explain the observed asymmetry of transmission. Based on the results of asymmetry of transmission measurements, it was found that it is less than 5 s.
Keywords: neutron, cross section, lifetime, neutron flux density, asymmetry of transmission, reduced transition probability, metastable state.References:
1. Yu.G. Shchepkin, E.A. Pavlenko. Asymmetry of neutrons transmission. IV Intern. Seminar on Interaction of Neutron with Nuclei: “Neutron Spectroscopy, Nuclear Structure, Related Topics” (Dubna, 1996) p. 251.
2. Yu.G. Shchepkin et al. Research of neutron interaction with matter under high density interaction. Part I. Cross section of the neutron interaction with matter under high density interaction. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 13(1) (2012) 22. (Rus) http://jnpae.kinr.kiev.ua/13.1/Articles_PDF/jnpae-2012-13-0022-Shchepkin.pdf
3. Yu.G. Shchepkin et al. Research of neutron interaction with matter under high density interaction. Part II. The experimental research dependence of neutron cross section from density interactions. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 13(1) (2012) 28. (Rus) http://jnpae.kinr.kiev.ua/13.1/Articles_PDF/jnpae-2012-13-0028-Shchepkin.pdf
4. Yu.G. Shchepkin, V.I. Slisenko, V.N. Shevel. Method of direct measurement of the capture neutron cross section for radioactive nuclei. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 11(3) (2010) 302. (Rus) http://jnpae.kinr.kiev.ua/11.3/Articles_PDF/jnpae-2010-11-0302-Schepkin.pdf
5. E.S. Venttsel. Probability Theory (Moskva: Nauka, 1964). (Rus)
6. K. Alder et al. Study of Nuclear Structure by Electromagnetic Excitation with Accelerated Ion. Rev. Mod. Phys. 28(4) (1956) 432. https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.28.432
7. H. Ikegami, T. Udagawa. Structure of Sn120 and the Effect of the Pairing Correlation on the Råduction of E2 Transition in Sn118 and Sn120. Phys. Rev. 124(5) (1961) 1518. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRev.124.1518