ßäåðíà ô³çèêà òà åíåðãåòèêà
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Neurobiological effects due to intrauterine exposure of rats with 131IYe. V. Tukalenko1, Ye. M. Prokhorova1, N. P. Atamanuk1, I. R. Dmitrieva1, ². I. Tubaltseva2, ². P. Drozd3, À. I. Lypska3,*, V. V. Talko1
Abstract: The article studies the influence of prenatal exposure of rats with 131I on their behavioral activity and anxiety using the open field test, an elevated raised cross-shaped maze, black and white and shuttle box. It is determined that prenatal exposure of rats with 131I has led to increased research activity, but did not cause significant changes in the levels of animals’ anxiety. There has been also an decrease in the number of conditioned reflexes and prolongation of the latent periods of reflex reactions, indicating that there is some suppression of CNS due to exposure conditions.
Keywords: 131I, prenatal exposure, behavioral responses, anxiety.References:
1. ICRP Publication 49. Developmental effects of irradiation on the brain of the embryo and fetus. A report of a Task Group of Committee 1 of the Intern. Commission on Radiological Protection, 1986 (Oxford, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Frankfurt: Pergamon Press, 1986). http://www.icrp.org/publication.asp?id=ICRP%20Publication%2049
2. Radiation Risks to the Developing Nervous System. Proc. of Intern. Symp. Ed. by H. Kriegel, W. Schmahl, G.B. Gerber, F.E. Stieve (Stuttgart, New York: G. F. Verlag, 1986) 435 p.
3. Yu. I. Moskalev. Remote Effects of Ionizing Radiation (Moscow: Medicine, 1991) 464 p. (Rus)
4. I.P. Drozd, A.I. Lypska, O.A. Sova. Simulation of 131I emergency emission. Processes of dose formation. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 16(2) (2015) 157. (Ukr) http://jnpae.kinr.kiev.ua/16.2/html/16.2.0157.html
5. I.P. Drozd et al. Patent No. 113045 UA. A method for determining the absorbed dose from the incorporation of 131I into the thyroid gland of the laboratory rats fetus. Bull. No. 1 (2017). (Ukr) https://library.uipv.org/document?fund=2&id=231283&to_fund=2&dt=10.01.2017