ßäåðíà ô³çèêà òà åíåðãåòèêà
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
12Ñ(15N, 14Ñ) 13N reaction mechanisms at energy 81 MeV and 14Ñ + 13N nuclei interaction
À. Ò. Rudchik1,*, À. À. Rudchik1, Î. E. Kutsyk1, Ê. Rusek2, K. W. Kemper3, E. Piasecki2, A. Stolarz2, A. Trczinska2, Val. Ì. Pirnak1, Î. À. Ponkratenko1, I. Strojek4, E. ². Koshchiy5, R. Siudak6, S. B. Sakuta7, V. A. Plujko8, À. P. Ilyin1, Yu. M. Stepanenko1, V. V. Uleshchenko1, Yu. O. Shyrma1
1 Institute for Nuclear Research, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2 Heavy Ion Laboratory, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland
3 Physics Department, Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA
4 National Institute for Nuclear Research, Warsaw, Poland
5 Cyclotron Institute, Texas A&M University, College Station, USA
6 H. Niewodniczanski Institute of Nuclear Physics, Krakow, Poland
7 Russian Research Centre “Kurchatov Institute”, Moscow, Russia
8 Taras Schevchenko Kyiv National University, Kyiv, Ukraine
*Corresponding author. E-mail address: email@example.com
Abstract: The 12Ñ(15N, 14Ñ)13N reaction at the energy Ålab(15N) = 81 MeV for ground and excited states of 14Ñ and 13N nuclei was investigated. New experimental data of the reaction cross-sections were obtained. The data were analyzed within the coupled reaction channels method (CRC). The 15N + 12Ñ elastic scattering as well as the more important reactions of nucleon and cluster transfers were included in the channels-coupling scheme. In the CRC-calculations, the Woods - Saxon potentials (WS) were used for the interactions of 15N + 12Ñ and 14Ñ + 13N nuclei in the entrance and exit reaction channels. WS potential parameters for the reaction entrance channel were deduced previously from CRC-analysis of the 15N + 12Ñ elastic and inelastic scattering data, then the WS potential parameters for the reaction exit channel were deduced from the fitting of 12Ñ(15N, 14Ñ)13N reaction data. The spectroscopic amplitudes of nucleons and clusters, used in the CRC-calculations, were computed within translational invariant shell model. As the results of the reaction CRC-analysis, the information about WS potential of 14Ñ + 13N nuclei interaction as well as about mechanisms of nucleons and clusters transfer was deduced. It was found, that transfers of protons and 2n-clusters dominate in this reaction. It was also studied the differences of the reaction CRC cross-sections calculated using the 14Ñ + 13N ³ 14Ñ + 14N potentials in the reaction exit channel (isotopic effects).
Keywords: nuclear reaction 12Ñ(15N, 14Ñ)13N at 81 MeV, coupled reaction channels method, spectroscopic amplitudes of nucleons and clusters, reaction mechanisms.References:
1. À.Ò. Rudchik et al. Elastic and inelastic scattering of 15N ions by 12C at 81 MeV. Yaderna Fizyka ta Energetyka (Nucl. Phys. At. Energy) 19 (2018) 210 (Ukr). https://doi.org/10.15407/jnpae2018.03.210
2. A.T. Rudchik et al. Elastic and inelastic scattering of 15N ions by 12C at 81 MeV and the effect of transfer channels. Acta Phys. Polon. B 50 (2019) 733. https://doi.org/10.5506/APhysPolB.50.753
3. E. Piasecki et al. Project ICARE at HIL (Warsaw: Heavy Ion Laboratory, 2007) 38 p.
4. M. Kowalczyk. SMAN: a Code for Nuclear Experiments. Warsaw University report (1998).
5. I.J. Thompson. Coupled reaction channels calculations in nuclear physics. Comp. Phys. Rep. 7 (1988) 167. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-7977(88)90005-6
6. Yu.F. Smirnov, Yu.M. Tchuvil’sky. Cluster spectroscopic factors for the p-shell nuclei. Phys. Rev. C 15 (1977) 84. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevC.15.84
7. À.Ò. Rudchik, Yu.M. Tchuvil’sky. Calculation of spectroscopic amplitudes for arbitrary associations of nucleons in 1p-shell nuclei (program DESNA). Preprint of the Institute for Nucl. Res. AS UkrSSR. KINR-82-12 (Êyiv, 1982) 27 p. (Rus)
8. À.Ò. Rudchik, Yu.M. Tchuvil’sky. Calculation of spectroscopic amplitudes of multi-nucleon clusters in 1p shell nuclei and analysis of reactions of multi-nucleon transmissions. Ukr. J. Phys. 30(6) (1985) 819 (Rus).
9. A.T. Rudchik et al. Scattering, one-nucleon transfers and charge-exchange reactions in the 14C + 14N interaction at E(14N) = 116 MeV. Nucl. Phys. A 589 (1995) 535. https://doi.org/10.1016/0375-9474(95)00038-3
10. J. Cook. DFPOT: a program for the calculation of double folded potentials. Comp. Phys. Com. 25 (1982) 125. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-4655(82)90029-7
11. H. De Vries, C.W. De Jager, C. De Vries. Nuclear charge-density-distribution parameters from elastic electron scattering. Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables 36 (1987) 495. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-640X(87)90013-1