ßäåðíà ô³çèêà òà åíåðãåòèêà
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Study of the possibilities of using low-enriched uranium in reactor technology of 99Mî accumulation at JSC “SSC RIAR”V. A. Starkov1,*, S. V. Majnskov1, A. L. Izhutov2, V. V. Pimenov2
Abstract: Characteristics of the highly-enriched uranium targets of two types and irradiation tools currently used at JSC “SSC RIAR” to accumulate fission 99Ìî are described. The parameters for 99Ìî accumulation in the pool-type reactors are presented. Studies have been performed on possibility to convert 99Ìî production to low-enriched uranium using the existing type targets. It is shown that at the achieved fuel density values of 99Ìî accumulation yield decreases approximately by two times.Keywords: molybdenum, pool-type reactor, target, irradiation device.
1. G.J. Beyer, R. Muenze, D. Novotny et al. ROMOL-99 - a new innovative small-scale LEU-based Mo-99 production process. Proc. of the 6-th Intern. Conf. on Isotopes, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2008.
2. A.D. Yurchenko, L.L. Kazakov, E.M. Tabakin et al. Development of technology and production of experimental batches of uranium targets with intermetallic compounds (Al + U). Report on the main research work carried out in 2010 (Dimitrovgrad: JSC "RIAR", 2011) p. 128. (Rus)
3. A.L. Izhutov, A.L. Petelin, V.A. Starkov et al. The development of reactor technology developments of 99Ìî. Report on the main research work carried out in 2010 (Dimitrovgrad: JSC "RIAR", 2011) p. 30. (Rus)
4. M.N. Svyatkin, A.L. Izhutov, A.V. Klinov et al. Nuclear research reactors. Report on the main research work carried out in 2011 (Dimitrovgrad: JSC "RIAR", 2012) p. 5. (Rus)
5. A.V. Khlopkov, M. Pomper, V.V. Chekina. HEU stop using in the production of medical isotopes: opportunities for cooperation of Russia and the United States. Center for Energy and Security. (Rus) http://ceness-russia.org/data/doc/14-02-24%20HEU_Mo-99%20Report%20-%20RUS%20-%20Final.pdf
6. V.A. Tsykanov, P.G. Aver'yanov, V.P. Burukin et al. Atomnaya Energiya 43(1) (1977) 1. (Rus)
7. V.A. Tsykanov. Research Reactors of RIAR and their Experimental Possibilities (Dimitrovgrad: "RIAR", 1991). (Rus)
8. E.A. Gomin. Status MCU-4. Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki. Ser. Fizika Yadernykh Reaktorov 1 (2006) 6. (Rus)