ядерна ф≥зика та енергетика
1818-331X (Print), 2074-0565 (Online)
Use of mathematical modeling for comparative evaluation of sorption capacity of natural and synthetic zeolites in relation to cesiumA. Yu. Lonin*, V. V. Levenets, O. P. Omelnik, A. O. Shchur
Abstract: The comparison of sorption capacity of clinoptilolite and synthetic zeolites (zeolite NaX and zeolite NaA) in relation to the cesium in dynamic conditions was conducted. Dynamic conditions include multiple circulation of cesium containing solution through the sorbent layer. The mathematical modeling of sorption isotherms using the Langmuir equation, the Chebyshev criterion, and the least-squares method was conducted. Correlation of actual and model results indicates that the considered models adequately reflect sorption processes occurring in zeolites. The results of the study make it possible to use the considered models for predicting the behavior of zeolites in relation to cesium.
Keywords: zeolites, cesium, dynamic sorption, mathematical modeling.References:
1. Nuclear Technology Review 2015 (report by the IAEA Director General). GC(59)/INF/2, IAEA (2015).
2. The Baltic Course. News and analytics (10.11.2015). http://www.baltic-course.com/rus/_analytics/?doc=112723
3. N.P. Chernikov, L.I. Lukin. Problems of handling spent ion-exchange resins of nuclear power plants and possible ways to solve them. Zbirnyk Naukovykh PratsТ SNUYaE&P (Sevastopol: SNUYa&P) 34 (2010) 127. (Rus) http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/old_jrn/natural/znpsnu/2010_2/Z34R2S7.pdf
4. American Mineralogist Crystal Structure Database.
5. A.Yu. Lonin, V.V. Levenets, I.M. Neklyudov, A.O. Shchur. The usage of zeolites for dynamic sorption of cesium from waste waters of nuclear power plants. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry 303 (2015) 831. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10967-014-3597-9
6. V.V. Levenets, A.Yu. Lonin, O.P. Omelnik, A.O. Shchur. PIXE in the studies of stable cesium sorption from water solutions. X-Ray Spectrometry 44 (2015) 447. https://doi.org/10.1002/xrs.2626
7. Ch. Amflet. Inorganic Ion Exchangers (Moskva: Mir, 1966) 188 p. (Rus)
8. Yu.I. Tarasevich. Natural Sorbents in Processes of Water Purification (K.: Naukova Dumka, 1981) 208 p. (Rus)
9. V.V. Venetsianov, N.N. Rubinstein. Dynamics of Sorption from Liquid Media (Moskva: Nauka, 1983) 238 p. (Rus)
10. V.G. Matveykin, V.A. Pogonin, S.B. Putin, S.A. Skvortsov. Mathematical Modeling and Control of the Short-Cycle Adsorption Process (Moskva: Mashinostroenie-1, 2007) 140 p. (Rus)